Saturday, February 25, 2017

February Smalls SAL

Ta-da!
This was one of three small literary-inspired designs by Emma Congdon, from the September 2016 issue of Cross Stitch Crazy.  (I bought a digital copy of the magazine on Zinnio - only a few dollars versus the $10+ that UK magazines usually cost here in the States, so I could justify stitching only one pattern from it.)  It is designed with a hot air balloon in the top right, but I found a charm that seemed appropriate and used that instead.  I was inspired by someone who posted this on Facebook....they had used a little dragon charm in place of the balloon.  My charm reads "Follow Your Arrow" and has a a sparkly arrow attached.  I tried a couple colored fabrics with this, but I like the clean lines and the way the colors pop on the white!

After seeing Honeybee's recent posts on changing colors in designs, I'm thinking about documenting/featuring some of the changes I've made over the years.  Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching and design!

geeky Heather said...

Very pretty! I think your charm is much more appropriate than a hot air balloon...the balloon is weird for a Tolkien quote about Aragorn!

Mary said...

Very lovely finish and I like how you used a charm to personalize your finish.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

What a lovely finish. I picked up that edition of Cross Stitch Crazy for a long flight last fall. I fell in love with the piece and have someone in mind I wanted to stitch it for. I love how you changed it up and made it your own. I might have to do the same thing.

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Beautiful finish!

Justine said...

That's lovely! I was inspired by Honeybee's posts too.

Sara said...

Great finish! I used to keep a small notebook with info on finishes- who it was for, fabric used, color changes or other alterations. I got way behind the last few years with new babies in the house but just bought a new book to start up again. It helps me if anyone ever asks how I did something and keeps me from accidentally giving the same gift twice.

Melinda Forbes said...

I love this quote. Your finish is beautiful

Astrids dragon said...

That looks wonderful! I'm all for changing patterns and adding things, it definitely makes it your own.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely finish. I like the addition of your charm.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...