Monday, August 14, 2017

The Sea is Still Calling

After finishing Clara's Mermaid Sampler last month, and then putting the mermaid lantern together, I could still hear the call of the waves...so over the weekend I pulled out Ship's Manor's "Beautiful Sea Quaker."
I'm stitching this on a piece of 32-ct. Silkweaver "Celestial Blue," using (mostly) the custom colors from Ship's Manor.  I did, however, swap out the blue used for the seahorse - it was the same as the waves in the border, and I had heard there was a possibility that the one skein of it I'd purchased with the pattern wouldn't be enough - and the red bands in the lighthouse (the color called for had - IMO - too much orange in it).  I think I'm going to use beads for all the various "eyes," but I'll add those last!

3 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is an adorable pattern. Isn't funny (or fantastic) when we enjoy working on projects that are a theme. I find myself doing all the time. I really love the colors on this piece. Happy Stitching! Andrea

Astrids dragon said...

Perfect piece, love the colours so far.

Beth said...

Ohh! Liking the colors used and the fabric! You've got a theme going on here!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...